Tuesday, September 3, 2013

I Only Wanted to Wipe My Feet

The strangest things happen to folks when they go visiting friends and family. Like encountering the odd humorous doormat to wipe their feet on! Anyone who ever found themselves in that situation would probably tell you they were literally stopped in their tracks!

I heard one guy the other day say, "I only wanted to wipe my feet, but as I looked down this funny looking silhouette image of a dog was staring back up at me with the caption, 'Beware: Our dog doesn't know sit' beside it!" He said it made him smile because his initial reaction was the "h" was missing out of the word "sit".

Meet and Greet with a Smile


Having a cleverly funny doormat to greet guests to your home is a great idea if you want to make sure you've gotten them into a good mood before they ring your doorbell. I love it that when I open the door to visitors they are already smiling broadly!

It's the best investment I ever made in my home and for the few dollars it cost me, I think it was totally worth it. In fact, when this mat wears out as I surely will do (maybe because I seem to be getting more visitors lately) I'll be getting a replacement with another caption or image that will bring even more smiles and the occasional chuckle to my doorstep!

What About Functionality?


I have even been asked by the occasional visitor if it was all right to wipe their feet on my mat! Imagine that! They were so wrapped up in getting a laugh out of what they were reading, they totally forgot what the mat was really there for!

Of course you can wipe your feet on that mat! It’s a doormat after all, is it not?

In case you want to be grossed out about why you even need a doormat, I came across this page about what's on the bottom of your shoes which is about the bacteria and microbes that are lurking under your shoes.

I have to say the mat I have on my doorstep is no different from most plain versions in terms of the toughness and coarseness of its fibers to do their job in cleaning the occasional debris from needy shoes and boots. You can get the soles of your shoes clean then step back and grin at the message staring back up at you!

Do You Want One?


Now that you have a pretty good idea of how much I like simplistically humorous doormats, I guess you're probably thinking to yourself that you ought to be getting one of your own. Well, don't let me stop you!

I bought mine online from Amazon and liked it so much I got a second one. That's because my first one simply wore out with so much extra traffic (in no doubt in part due to people wanting to read my mat's message), so I had to replace it with an even funnier one!

In fact, I like them so much, I made this none-too-serious blog about them so anyone that read it can decide for themselves that they want one or not. You can see a great selection of them by clicking one of the images in the right column on this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment